Saturday, October 23, 2010
Sparkly Bat Pink Luminere
Step by Step instructions on making a pink luminere
1. cut 4 Pretty in Pink card stock squares measuring 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"
2. score all 4 Pretty in Pink squares at the 1/4" mark on all 4 sides of each square
3. cut off one of the 1/4" score lines on each of the 4 Pretty in Pink squares
4. grab your circle scissors plus, glass mat and some masking tape. Before making the circle I always do a trial run of where I want the circle without the cutting blade in. Position one of your Pretty in Pink card stock squares in the middle of your glass mat. Tape all 4 sides down with masking tape of Dotto (Removable Adhesive).
5. Turn the knob on the Circle Scissors Plus so that you have a 2-1/2" circle. Before adding the cutting blade in position it in the middle over to of your taped down Pretty in Pink card stock square. Turn the wheel around to make sure that your circle will be somewhat centered in the Pretty in Pink card stock square. Once you feel your circle is centered, place the cutting blade in place and turn to cut your circle. Keep your Pretty in Pink card stock cut-out circle to use later on another project. Repeat the above step on all 4 Pretty in Pink card stock squares.
6. Next you are going to need some 3" x 3" White Vellum Paper squares. You will need 4 of them.
7. Take a Halloween stamp set and ink up whichever images you want with Basic Black Classic Ink and stamp the image where ever you want on the 3" x 3" White Vellum Paper. I used the Bat image from the From the Crypt stamp set along with the bunch of bats image from the Wicked Cool stamp set.
8. Set aside to dry. I find Classic Ink when stamped on White Vellum Paper takes a little longer to dry than card stock.
9. You can now fold down all of the 1/4" score lines on the all of the Pretty in Pink card stock squares.
10. The Basic Black Classic Ink that was stamped on the White Vellum Paper should be dry now. Adhere each White Vellum Paper square to the inside of your Pretty in Pink squares making sure the cut off score line is at the top.
11. Once you have finished adhering the White Vellum Paper to your Pretty in Pink square we are going to adhere each Pretty in Pink square together. With the fronts facing down fold down one of the side 1/4" score lines on the Pretty in Pink squares (you want it to fold toward the center of the square) and apply adhesive to it. Take another Pretty in Pink square with the 1/4" score line folded towards the centre of the square and place it over top of the score line with adhesive on it. You are going to repeat this step until you have all of the sides joined. Once all of the side are joined apply adhesive on the outter 1/4" score line and line it up with the other outter side 1/4" line. You should now have a box.
12. Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock measuring 3-1/4" x 3-1/4". This is your bottom piece. Adhere to the bottom of your box.
13. Punch out 2 pieces of Basic Black card stock using the Bitty Bat Punch. Apply VersaMark to each one then Heat & Stick Powder and heat. Once the Heat & Stick Powder is gooey and clear apply some Black Fine Galaxy Glitter on top. Heat again. Place a Stampin' Dimensional on the back of each bat and position it at the top of one of the circles. I did this on 2 sides only.
14. Place a battery-operated tea light inside and VOILA you have your very own pink Halloween Luminere.
If you need a video to watch I think SCS has one on their site under the Luminere Tutorials
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: From the Crypt, Wicked Cool
Paper: Pretty In Pink card stock, White Vellum Paper
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink, VersaMark
Accessories: Circle Scissor Plus, Glass Mat, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Gun, Black Fine Galaxy Glitter
Non-Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Accessories: Masking Tape, Battery-Operated Tea Light
To order the products to make this project, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
inspire. create. share.
Give the gift of inspiration, creativity and sharing.....become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator & join my Stampin' Up! Team...contact me for further details