Friday, October 22, 2010
Spooky Spider Halloween Treat Holder
I tried to make these spiders sparkle using the Heat & Stick Powder and Black Fine Galaxy Glitter but it didn't work so well. The top spider has a bit of sparkle to it but not like the sparkly bat. When I was making these it was getting late so I didn't add sparkles to the Scallop Oval punch. If you want to do that please refer back to the "Bat Treat Holder" post as it has the step by step instructions on how to do that.
Step by Step Instuctions on how to make Spider Halloween Treat Holder:
1. Grab your Big Shot & Two Tags Bigz Die.
2. Take a piece of Whisper White card stock (size 3" x 4-1/2") and position it over top of the bigger tag that is positioned towards the bottom of the die (the tag that has the score line in the middle of it).
3. Next sandwich the die and whisper white card stock between the two standard cutting pads (plexi-glass pads) and run it through your Big Shot. You will need to do this 2 times as we need two of these tags to make one Treat Holder.
**If you need to make more than one treat holder, you will need to do steps 2 & 3 over again. Because the tag that we are using has a score line in it we can only do one piece of card stock at a time. If we do more than one the score line will end up cutting that line instead of scoring it.
4. Next take the Spider Web image from the Wicked Cool Stamp Set, ink with Basic Black Classic Ink and stamp two spider webs on each tag...one in the top left corner and one in the bottom right corner of each tag. You will need to apply ink to the stamp each time.
5. Next take the Spider image from the From the Crypt Stamp Set, ink with Basic Black Classic Ink and stamp the spider image just off of each spider web.
6. Next take the Spooky words stamp from the Wicked Cool Stamp Set, ink with Basic Black Classic Ink and stamp the words on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Punch out using 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch.
7. Next punch a Scallop Oval out using Scallop Oval Punch. If you want to make the Scallop Oval sparkle like the one on the "Bat Halloween Treat Holder" I made please refer to that post.
8. Adhere Whisper White Oval Spooky words in the middle of Basic Black Scallop Oval.
9. Flip Basic Black Scallop Oval over and place 2 Stampin' Dimensionals on the back. Peel backs off and position in the middle of the tag front.
10. Next fold both tags at score line. Apply some adhesive to the bottom of one of the tags and position it over top of the other bottom of the other tag. Apply some pressure so that the two tag bottoms are secure. We are almost finished.
11. Next put a Halloween treat inside and secure the 2 holes at the top with something. I used an orange circle rhinestone brad from Stampin' Up!'s Circle Fire Rhinestone assortment. You can use ribbon or linen thread, a button...whatever you want.
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Set: Wicked Cool, From the Crypt
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark Pad
Accessories: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Two Tags Bigz Die, Scallop Oval Punch, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Large Punch, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals
To order the products to make this project, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
inspire. create. share.
Give the gift of inspiration, creativity and sharing.....become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator & join my Stampin' Up! Team...contact me for further details