Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rememberance Day Poppy Craft


I love celebrating the different holidays by making something to give to someone.  It is especially fun if it is a craft that I can share with my daughter.  We were busy making poppies this morning.  My parent's always have a Rememberance Day celebration at their house every year.  There is usually 12 to 14 of us gathered for a Danish Smorg.....my Dad's heritage.  We sit around the table among family and friends and have a feast of danish dishes prepared by my Mom.  The feast starts out with pickel herring and rye bread, then we move on to carrots & peas in a cream sauce and Danish sausage - yummm - finally we usually have open faced sandwiches (salami, roast beef & shrimp) topped with a spagetthi type salad and fried onions.  Ohh I am making myself hungry thinking about this.  My daughter, my aunt and I made one poppy for everyone that will be at the Rememberance Day Celebration plus a couple of people that won't be.

Here are some pictures of our creative morning.......


Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Paper: Poppy Parade card stock, Basic Black card stock
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Large Scallop Circle Punch

Happy Stamping!
Michelle B



No comments:

Post a Comment