Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hamburger.....anyone????


One of the ideas I have been comtemplating is organizing a block party & bbq.  I have the flyer made and thought that I needed a little something extra to get people excited to come and to help that them not forget.  I had an idea to make a magnet to hand out when I go door to door handing out the flyers.  On the magnet the details of the block party & bbq (date and time) will be displayed.  Now I just needed a cute little "bbq" themed item to place on my magnet.  I searched SCS (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/) as well as the Stampin' Connection (exclusive website for SU Demos) and found many hamburgers created with SU punches from some very talented stampers.  Here is the one I created.  :)  This too cute little hamburger is going to be placed just above the date and time of the block party & bbq.  I sure hope my neighbours like my idea of this magnet to remind them of the upcoming block party & bbq.  I will be sure to keep ya' posted.

Stampin' Up! products used:
Paper:  Crumb Cake card stock, Chocolate Chip card stock, Garden Green card stock, Peach Parfait card stock, Poppy Parade card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
Punches:
Extra-Large Oval Punch: Crumb Cake card stock for top of hamburger bun
Word Window Punch: Crumb Cake card stock for bottom of hamburger bun
Modern Label Punch: Chocolate Chip card stock for hamburger pattie
Scallop Cricle Punch: Garden Green card stock for lettuce
Photo Corner Punch: Peach Parfait card stock for cheese (you could always use vanilla for mozza cheese)
1-1/4" Circle Punch: Poppy Parade card stock for tomato

Step by Step Instruction:
Start making the hamburger from the bottom up.  Before gluing anything together I would put the pieces in place first.
1. Place the Crumb Cake bottom of the hamburger bun (Word Window Punch) on a piece of card stock.
2. Next take the Chocolate Chip hamburger pattie (Modern Label Punch) and place just above the bottom of the hamburger bun.
3. Next take the Garden Green lettuce (Scallop Circle Punch) over top of hamburger pattie and bottom of hamburger bun. (You can always cut the lettuce in half if the full size it too big.)
4. Next take the Peach Parfait cheese (Photo Corner Punch) and place over top of the lettuce on the left side of the hamburger.
5. Next take the Poppy Parade card stock (1-1/4" Circle Punch) and place on the right side of the hamburger.
6. Next take the Crumb Cake top of the hamburger bun and place it on top of everything.
7. Take a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and make dots on top of the hamburger bun.
8. Carefully adhere all of the pieces together.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle B
inspire. create. share.

No comments:

Post a Comment