Monday, November 16, 2009
Happy Holidays with Elfie
The other night I was on Splitcoaststampers and I came across this cute little elf. He is made using punched out of card stock and Stampin' Up!'s Ornament Punch. Wow! How cool is that! I found this elf in Momof2Shihtzus (Mary) SCS gallery. I then found him again on Andrea Walford's Sunny Stampin' Inc. website, complete with video tutorial. Woo Hoo! Thanks Mary and Andrea for the inspiration! This is the card I came up with. He is so cute and very easy to make.
Instructions to make Elfie:
The punched out items you will need
- Using the Ornament Punch punch out an ornament in Real Red and Blush Blossom.
- Using the punch again punch out the bottom half of the ornament in Real Red and Old Olive.
- Next take your one-hole punch and punch out 3 Blush Blossom circles and 2 Whisper White circles
- Next you will need 2 Basic Black circles for the eyes, I used my small hole punch on my Crop-A-Dile.
- Next punch out 2 flowers from the Trio Flower Punch
Putting Elfie Together
- Take the Ornament punched out in Real Red card stock with the point pointing up and position your 1 3/4" Circle Punch about a little over half way up and punch. This is the top of Elfie's hat.
- Grab a sponge dauber and the Blush Blossom Ornament piece and apply a small amount of Creamy Caramel Classic Ink around the edge of the ornament. This is Elfie's face.
- Next position the top of Elfie's hat over top of the Blush Blossom Ornament piece, again with the points pointing up and adhere.
- Next take the Old Olive half Ornament piece and position it behind the Real Red top of Elfie's hat. Once you have it in the correct position flip them over and mark where the bottom of the Old Olive half Ornament piece ends with a pencil. This is to avoid getting glue in placing where we don't want it. Next adhere Old Olive half Ornament piece to the back.
- You will be doing the same step with the Real Red half Ornament piece.
- Now it is time to do his eyes. You can apply with a sponge dauber again Creamy Caramel Classic Ink to his eye lids and nose. Once you have that finished, you are going to cut 2 of the Blush Blossom Circles just below the half way mark please keep the bigger part of the half circles - these are Elfie's eye lids.
- Next take the small black circles and adhere them to the lower part of the Whisper White circles. Once the glue has dried, adhere the eye lids over top of the eyes.
- Next adhere the eyes to Elfie's face just below the bottom part of his hat.
- Next adhere Elfie's nose.
- Again using the sponge dauber and Creamy Caramel Classic Ink, rub 3 of the petals on the 2 Flowers we punched out from the Trio Flower Punch. These are his fingers (yes 3 fingers). We are going to cut a round part to finish off the hand.
- Now all you need to do is make a Chirstmas Wish sign or a present for Elfie and his hands to be behind.
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp sets: Four the Holidays
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Real Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Creamy Caramel Classic Ink, Bravo Burgandy Classic Ink, Garden Green Classic Ink
Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions, Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Ornament Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Trio Flower Punch, One-Hole Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Uniball Signo White Gel Pen, White Pom-pom