Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Merry Christmas Holly



This is by far one of my favourite stamp sets.....A Cardinal Christmas.  I just love this Christmas Holly.  The ribbon might be a bit out of place - I should change but other than that I really like this card.  I saw this technique on Splitcoast Stampers using the Big Shot along with the Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder and an oval template.  I made my oval template from a piece of chipboard I had.  It worked like a charm.  Some stampers cut their Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder to get the same effect.  I was a bit leery in doing that.  So yippeee that I was able to do the same thing with chipboard.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: A Cardinal Christmas
Card stock: Kraft, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker, Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, VersaMark
Accessories:  Big Shot, Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder, Oval Template made out of chipboard, Sleigh Bells 5/8" Cotton Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Gold Embossing Powder

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this, Michelle! I, too, would not want to cut into my embossing folder. Glad to know it works this way, too!

    ReplyDelete