Monday, September 6, 2010

Masking Monsters


Hello Stamping Friends!  It is nice to finally be able to post some of the projects I have been working on.  It has been a busy last couple of days.  My son turned 2 last week and I have been working lots.  I have a part-time job and work some evenings and weekends.....this weekend was my weekend to work.  Ahhhhhhh...........Here is a card that I made the other night using the masking technique.  My Club has asked that I demonstrate this technique again as we have some new stampers in our club.  I thought this stamp set would be GREAT for that technique.  You will have to excuse my watercoloring technique as I am not the greatest at that.  I used a blender pen along with Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait Classic Stampin' Pads.  All you do is squeeze the ink pad before you open it, this will put a spot of ink on the top of the ink pad, then you use your blender pen or aqua painter to take a bit of the ink on the tip and apply it to the stamped image.  As you will see in the picture the Peach Parfait Monster is behind the Pear Pizzazz monster.....that is the masking technique.  I also did it with the Concord Crush Monster (who reminds me of Grimise from McDonald's) but I didn't position it enough over top of the Pear Pizzazz Monster.  I have been reading past issues of the Stampin' Success magazine for ideas, inspirations and techniques and have found that there are 3 different ways to do the masking technique.  This is the first way.....

Masking Technique
1) Stamp your image on card stock,
2) then stamp it again on a piece of copy paper.
3) cut the image out of copy paper
4) position it over top of first stamped image on card stock
5) grab a different stamp (in my case Peach Parfait Monster) and stamp just off of the first stamped image.
Voila! the masking technique.

Oh I also used a put Peach Parfait Classic Ink on my brayer and brayed over top of my Background Textured Plates to get the 2 different Peach Parfait tones on the bottom of the card.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: Make a Monster, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Peach Parfait card stock, Concord Crush card stock, Pear Pizzazz card stock, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz Classic, Basic Black Stampin' Pads, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Poppy Parade Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Gold Brads, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen

P.S.  Keep an eye open for the other ways to do the masking technique.

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment