Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Our Family Scrapbook Canvas (Jan. 2011 Technique & 3-D Club project)
This is a project that I am thrilled to tell you about. I came across an amazing stamped canvas by a very talented fellow Stampin' Up! Demontrator...Marika Lemay....here is the link to her beautiful canvas. Wow! This project was a bit challenging as I couldn't find the same products that Marika used but I was able to get by with what I did find. I thought this would be a great tribute to my loving dogs being they are now our angels looking down on us.
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Set: Baroque Motifs, En Francais Background Stamp
Paper: Crumb Cake card stock, Early Espresso card stock, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad, Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories: Kind Thoughts Brocade Small Decor Stencil, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Vanilla Half-Back Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Designer Label Punch, Silver Designer Label HodgePodge Hardware, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Naturally Serif Sizzlits Decorative Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Glue Dots,
Other products used:
11" x 14" Canvas, Delta Ceramcoat Spa Blue Acrylic Paint, Delta Casmere Texture Magic Dimensional Paint, DecoArt Americanan Dark Walnut Satin Enamels, Paint Brush - these product were found at a local craft store.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Paint canvas with acrylic paint. Once dry apply a second coat if needed. (I painted my canvas before bed and let it dry over night)
- Spritz painted canvas with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz all over the front.
- Place Kind Toughts Brocade Decor Stencil on left hand side of canvas. I tried to position it so that there was an even space between the top of the canvas and the stencil and the bottom of the canvas and the stencil. Approx. 1-1/2" margin.
- Next squeeze some Cashmere Texture Magic Dimensional Paint in a bowl add some Dark Walnut DecoArt Americana Satin Enamel and stir. This is how I got the dark brown color for my stencil.
- Next pour the mixture over top of the stencil. With a spatula type tool (you can buy a # of tools in a pkg.) spread the mixture over top of the stencil. Make sure to get it all over. It doesn't really matter if some areas have more mixture then others that gives it dimension.
- Once you are happy with the amount of mixture you have on your stencil, very carefully lift the stencil up. It is best to make sure your hands are clean before doing this step. Leave canvas to dry (again over night is a good time).
- Next ink your En Francais Background Stamp with your Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad and stamp all over your Crumb Cake card stock, covering the whole area.
- Take a piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and adhere to the center back of your Crumb Cake card stock. I put a piece of sticky strip on the back side of my canvas to hold the ribbon in place. Don't peel off the back of the sticky strip just yet as we aren't adhering the Crumb Cake card stock just yet.
- Next cut Early Espresso card stock just a bit bigger than your photos. Adhere your photos on top of each Early Espresso card stock layer. Position them on top of your Crumb Cake card stock. I left about a 1/4" in between each picture.
- Cut a 1-1/2" strip of Early Espresso card stock and make a Scallop Border using your Scallop Border Punch. Adhere to the bottom of your Crumb Cake card stock.
- Take another piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and make a classic bow. (two bunny ears, wrap left ear over right ear and pull left ear through the center). Adhere bow where Crumb Cake card stock and Early Espresso 1-1/2" strip of card stock meet. I used a Glue Dot to adhere my bow.
- Next ink your Cherish stamp from the Baroque Motifs stamp set with an Early Espress Classic Stampin' Pad and stamp on Very Vanilla card stock. Punch word out with Designer Label Punch. Position words in the center of your pictures. Poke holes through the Crumb Cake card stock and secure silver brads to the Designer Label HodgePodge Hardware.
- Adhere Crumb Cake card stock on top of your canvas. I used sticky strip to make sure that it will stay. You may also remove the backing of the sticky strip on the back of the canvas and secure the Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.
- Next cut your title out using Early Espresso card stock, the Big Shot Die-Cut Machine and Naturally Serif Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die and adhere to the top of your canvas.
- Take 3 Vanilla Half-Back Pearls from Pretties Kit and adhere them to the center points of the Kind Thoughts Brocade Stencil. I used sticky strip to secure my pearls.
Voila you are finished your scrapbook canvas. This is a great way to decorate a room in your house or to give someone as a gift. When my Sister-In-Law saw mine she asked me to make her one. It is a good thing that Christmas is just around the corner.
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
inspire. create. share.
Give the gift of inspiration, creativity and sharing.....become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator & join my Stampin' Up! Team...contact me for further details