Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spooky Brayer Bats

Before I upload the second card we will be making at my Stampin' Technique & Scrapbook Club I need to upload this one to show you the bouncing brayer background technique.  I saw a card on SCS that I just loved with this type of background....it was done by LaurieF if you want to check hers out.  What a beautiful background she did on her House of Haunts card.  This was a technique that I wanted to demonstrate at my club before it is over.  We end in October.  Ack.  I never look forward to that day as I have so much fun doing this.  There is always next year....my 2011 Stamping Technique Club will start sometime in January.  I will post further details if you are interested.

I used a couple of new products from the Holiday Mini on this card.  The Decorative label XL Punch found on page 25 and the Glimmer Basic Glimmer Brads found on page 36.  I like both of these new products.  The punch is great for bigger words and the glimmer brads a touch of bling when you need some.

Bouncing Brayer Technique
3 different colors of Classic Ink (I used Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie)
Brayer
Either arrange the 3 colors of ink pad in a line and roll your brayer over them or you can apply each ink individually one at a time by rolling your brayer over top of each one separetly
Tip: apply the lightest color first then medium and dark.  If you do it this way then your dark ink won't end up in your light ink.  You always want to do it in that sequence (light to medium to dark) as you won't notice if a light color goes in your medium ink pad and your medium color goes in your dark ink pad.
Next take a piece of neutral card stock and bounce your brayer over top of it.  Make sure you keep one end of your brayer in the center of the neutral card stock.  Continue to bounce the brayer while rotating the neutral card stock with your free hand.  Re-ink brayer as you need to. If you want you can leave some white spaces like I did or cover everything up with your bouncing brayer.

If you are more of a visual person you can watch a bouncing brayer video tutorial on SCS under the resources link.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: Wicked Cool (a new fav)
Paper: Old Olive card stock, Whisper White card stock, Rich Razzleberry card stock, Pumpkin Pie card stock
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Spot, Old Olive Classic Stampin' Spot, Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Spot
Accessories: Brayer, Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Trim Punch, Decorative Label XL Punch (Holiday Mini), Photo Corners Punch, Glimmer Basics Glimmer Brads (Holiday Mini)

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment