Monday, September 13, 2010

Spooky Skull


Here is the second card I will be demonstrating at my September Club.  I saw a card in LaurieF's SCS gallery that I absolutely love.  She has an amazing Bouncing Brayer background with the House of Haunts stamp set stamped in the middle.  I think the Bouncing Brayer technique is a great technique for Halloween cards.  I just love it.  I don't have the House of Haunts stamp set and when I went to order it I changed my mind as I had something like this card pictured with the From the Crypt stamp set.  This card is great for my club as I am teachnig them 2 techniques in one...advanced masking and the bouncing brayer technique.  yeah!  I hope they like it as much as I do.  I had a great deal of fun making this card.

I stamped the Skull stamp set on Whisper White card stock and then again on a piece of scrap paper.  I just cut out the skull not the stuff around it.  I then laid the scrap piece of paper with the skull image stamped on it over top the image I had stamped on the Whisper White card stock.  I then applied the Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry Classic Inks to my brayer and started the bouncing brayer technique all the while the skull scrap piece of paper was on top of the skull stamped on Whisper White card stock.  When I was finished the bouncing brayer background I lifted up the skull scrap piece of paper and voila a beautifully white skull right smack dab in the middle of my bouncing brayer background.  In other words the "Advanced Masking" technique.  I don't mean to toot my own horn but I am very pleased at the way this card turned out.  I hope they like it as much as I do.

If you are interested in learning new techniques like the ones on this card sign up for my 2011 Stampin' Technique Club.  I will be offering 2 different clubs.....one for 10 month (from Jan to Oct) and one for 4 months (Jan., Apr, July, Sept.).  Please contact me for further details.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Set: From the Crypt, Wicked Cool
Paper: Old Olive card stock, Whisper White card stock, Rich Razzleberry card stock, Pumpkin Pie card stock, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad, Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad, Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories: Scallop Trim Punch, Bitty Bag Large Punch, Decorative Label XL Punch, Brayer, Silver Brad, Paper Piercer

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.


Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment