Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snowman Season's Greetings



For my last Christmas card stamp camp which is on December 13 we will be making 5 different card designs.  I had a request that we use some of Stampin' Up!'s punches.  Well how can I pass on one of my favourite Stampin' Up! products.  Ohhh I love their punches.  Here is card design #2.  A while ago I saw a video tutorial on Andrea Walford's blog using a top note stencil.  I thought that was a great idea so I made one myself.  All you have to do is take a piece of Stampin' Up!'s window sheet and their Top Note Bigz Die...you run the window sheet through the Big Shot just like a piece of card stock and voila you have a top note stencil.  :)  That is how I made the top note outline shown on the card.  I am not sure if you can see it but the snowflakes around the snowman are stamped with Stampin' Up!'s Platinum Shimmer Paint.  Thanks Andrea for the inspiration you gave me to make this card.  I also found a neat 'naughty snowmen' card on Andrea's blog too.  I thought that was such a neat idea using the Jumbo Snowflake punch for the snowman's arms.  Very clever.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets:  Many Merry Messages, Serene Snowflakes
Card stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Only Orange, Basic Black
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die Stencil, Sponge Dauber, Silver Elastic Cord, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Sponge, Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment