Friday, May 14, 2010

Life's Elements of Style Classic Bow


Yeah I have some new cards with new techniques to show you!  These cards were so much fun to make.  I made 3 different cards using different kinds of bows along with a technique using Shimmer Paint.  Shimmer Paint gives amazing results.  I love it.  The above card is 1 of the 3 cards that I will be demonstrating at my May Club.  The bow on this card is called a "classic" bow.  I usually tie knots on my cards when using ribbon but that just may change.  The classic bow is really easy to do.  I will put a Stampin' Up! video tutorial on my blog when I have a chance so that you can see just how easy it is to make.

Now for the shimmer paint technique part... I recently received a weCANstamp DVD from the Stampin' Up! Group that I below to and Winona who is part of this group did a demonstration on shimmer paint and Stampin' Write Markers.  This technique is so easy to do and you can get amazing results using it.  If you look really closely at my card you will see the flowers have a pink shimmer effect to them.  How I got this was I scribbled a couple of lines of Pretty In Pink Stampin' Write Marker in an empty button container then added a drop of Frost Shimmer Paint.  I mixed them both together grabbed my sponge dauber and dabbed the shimmer paint marker mixture on the flower part of the stamp.  I then went over the other part of the stamp with my Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker and voila the above result.  So easy to do and soo pretty.  Thanks Winona for showing me that awesome technique.  Apparently Winona received that technique from Shannon West at one of the recent Stampin' Up! Regionals.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Set: Elements of Style (Summer Mini)
Paper: Melon Mambo card stock, Bermuda Bay card stock, Whisper White card stock, Pretty In Pink card stock
Ink: Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad, Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker, Pretty In Pink Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories: Frost Shimmer Paint, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Matchbox Bigz XL Die

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment