Monday, August 23, 2010

Michelle's Scrapbook Layout of the Month.......July


Here is the scrapbook layout of the month for July.  This is the page I did for my daughter and also the page I demonstrated at my July Stampin' Technique and Scrapbook Club.  The version I did for my son has already been posted.  You should check out how different these two layouts look by having 2 different color schemes.  The Certainly Celery card stock has dry embossed circles around it.  To do that technique all you need is a template with circles on it and a stylus.  I made my template by using the Big Shot Die-Cut machine and the Circles #2 Bigz Die.  I cut out the whole Circles #2 Bigz Die in thick window sheets (Stampin' Up! brand) tossed away the circles and kept the negative as my template.  I then put the template on my table, put the certainly Celery Card stock on top and used my finger to find a circle and then used my stylus to dry emboss that circle.  I then repositioned my template to do another dry emboss circle and so on.

Another technique I demonstrated on this scrapbook page was the use of Stampin' Up!'s new builder wheels.  It is so easy to use 3 builder wheels at a time and to get each one of have a different color by using a triple cell cartridge.  Before I used to use my Standard and Jumbo wheels on a Classic or Craft Ink Pad to get ink on them but when you are using more than one builder wheel it is kind of hard to do that.  I bought an un-inked triple cell cartridge, added Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Rich Razzleberry Classic Re-Inkers and voila easy peasy.

Here is a close up of the Certainly Celery dry embossed circles.....

The possiblities for this technique are endless with the Big Shot Die-Cut Machine and all of the Big Shot Dies available.  A winter scrapbook page with dry embossed snowflakes would look good.
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Set: Birthday, Candle Craze & So Many Stars Builder Wheels, Birthday Bliss, Word Play
Paper: Rich Razzleberry Textured card stock, Certainly Celery card stock, Whisper White card stock, Chocolate Chip card stock
Ink: Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Marker & Classic Re-Inker, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad & Classic Re-Inker, Chocolate Chip Classic Re-Inker
Accessories: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Circles #2 Bigz Die, Stylus, Stampin' Dimensionals, Alphabet Simple Numbers Bigz Die

To order the products to make this scrapbook page, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment