Friday, April 2, 2010

My Stampin' Up! Story

Stampin' Up! is doing a stamping recruit promotion and one of the challenges I need to complete is to share my Stampin' Up! Story.  So I thought my blog would be the best place to share my Stampin' Up! Story.

I want to make Christmas cards.......... is how my Stampin' Up! Story happened. That is the exact line I told my Husband after being at a Stampin' Up! get together in December 2005. I was so amazed by the cards and projects there that I was all pumped to make our own Christmas cards that Christmas. I went through the Stampin' Up! Catalogue to see which stamp set I was going to use....Frosty was my choice. Now to pick a color of card stock...hmmm. So many choices. One of the huge craft store chains was having a card stock sale so I purchased all of my card stock from there and boy was that a wrong choice to make. Believe it or not when I went to emboss the "snowflakes" stamp on the blue card stock the card stock changed colors from the heat of the heat gun. To make this long story short - I quickly figured out Stampin' Up! products have the best quality and you pay for what you get. This story has helped me a lot in the past....everyone either laughs or sighs in shock. I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in February 2006. My maternity leave was ending and this was a great way to keep me home with our daughter and to do something that I loved. My journey for 4 years has been so much fun. I have met so many wonderful and creative friends. Everytime I am demonstrating a new product or even receive a shipment I am like a little kid in the candy store - my heart races and I squeak with excitement.  hehehe  Sharing the gift of creativity is one amazing thing.

One of my favourite memories as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator was when a lady came to one of my buffet style stamp camps and looked very overwhelmed at the 6 different card designs along with supplies on the table.  She looked at me and looked at the table and said where does one start.  I gave some direction before the stamp camp started and in the end this lady had the biggest smile on her face and said "I DID IT"!  Anyone is creative even when they think they are not.  With the right tools and instructions you can create anything!

Friends - Fun - Freebies - Share what you love! Join Stampin' Up! between April 1 and May 31, 2010 (or while supplies last) and receive TWO FREE technique DVDs (2007-2008 and 2008-2009 Workshop Wow DVDs). The Starter Kit Flyer is also attached. You can sign up online at www.michelleblackburn.stampinup.net. Click on start your own business, then join now, the password is inkyfingers09. All new Stampin' Up! Demonstrator who join my team will receive a new stamp set value up to $40.00. That is my thanks to you.



Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment