Friday, June 25, 2010

Espresso Kind Friend card


Last night (Thursday) I had a craving to create, it must have been from the hectic day that just ended.  Little kids do keep one busy.  hehehe  We had a fun morning in the sunshine at a park and then went to the pet store to get some new fish for our fish tank and finished the day with a DQ ice cream.  My creative craving was to stamp with Stampin' Up!'s new colors.  This card sports Stampin' Up!'s new core color Early Espresso.  I laid a piece of this card stock next to Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip card stock and Early Espresso is almost black.  Chocolate Chip has a more reddish tinge to it.  This will be a card that I put in one of my club member's June's Club order.  It is a very simple but nice card I think.  The light pink color is Stampin' Up!'s Pink Pirouette.  I am so glad they brought that color back it is such a nice soft pink.  Pink Pirouette is now part of the Subtles color collection.  It will take me some time to get used to which color belongs to which family.  Melon Mambo is the dark pink color on this card and that color is now part of the Brights Color Collection.  Both the Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo card stock I used are textured. Stampin' Up! is now offering all of their 12 x 12 card stock packages half smooth card stock and half textured card stock.  I like using textured card stock so I am glad to see that change.

Another change you will notice to my blog is the item #s beside the Stampin' Up! products I have used.  I thought this may be easier for you if you like a product to have that product's item # close by.  I am also doing card recipes for each card I put into my club members orders so that they know which product is being used and its item number.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp sets: Thoughtful Friend builder wheel (118616)
Card stock: Early Espresso (119686), Whisper White (100730), Pink Pirouette Textured (119937), Melon Mambo Textured (119930)
Ink: Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (119670)
Accessories: Stampin’ Around Jumbo Handle (103661), Builder Wheel Spindle & Spacers (119895), Crimper (101618), Playground Designer Buttons (retired), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.  Early Espresso and Pink Pirouette card stock and ink won't be available until July 1, 2010.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment