Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reflection Technique card


Hello!  I have been busy stamping the last couple of days/evenings.  Every time I think I am finished with a project another idea pops into my head and there I go stamping again.  hehehehe  Here is a card I did with the reflection technique. This technique is so easy.  I used to think it was a pain to do but when I saw Jean demonstrate it on the weCANstamp DVD I recently got, she made it look so easy and you know what it is.  I am sending this card to my aunt for her birthday........it is a bit late but it is the thought that counts right!  :)

Reflection Technique:
1. Take a base stamp and ink with Basic Black or Staze-On Jet Black ink
stamp base image on neutral card stock (here I used Whisper White)
2. next take a piece of acetate, ink image again and stamp on a window sheet
3. turn the stamped image on the window sheet upside down, position it just under the previous base image you stamped on the Whisper White card stock and give the window sheet a rub.  Lift and your image should be there.
4. now take a piece of scrap paper and lay it across your Whisper White card stock in between both stamped images
5. take a sponge and an ink pad and sponge some color at the top of your Whisper White card stock.  I used a Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Spot
6. next take another sponge and add a lighter color of ink under the first color you did - I used a Brocade Blue Classic Stampin' Spot
7. I then added a third color (So Saffrong Classic Stampin' Spot) under the sponged Brocade Blue
8. next position scrap piece of paper over top of the sponged areas and repeat steps 4 to 7 on the lower part of the card
9. once you have finished sponging your lightest color, grab your sponge one more time and dab it in the Brocade Blue ink, lightly brush it towards the bottomr of your card starting at top of the scrap piece of paper.  The effect you are trying to get is a darker line in the middle of the card where your reflection starts (scrap piece of paper).
10. remove your scrap piece of paper and your card is finished

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
stamp sets: Wings of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Wishes
paper: Bordering Blue card stock, Night of Navy card stock, Whisper White card stock
ink: Night of Navy Classic Ink Spot, Brocade Blue Classic Ink Spot, So Saffron Classic Ink Spot, Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, Jet Black Staz-On Ink Pad
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Window Sheet, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Perfect Polka-Dot Textured Impressions Folder, Scallop Edge Punch, Night of Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment