Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Now this card was a lot of fun to make and I think I have found a solution to my masculine card problem.  I have such a hard time making masculine cards but after seeing the "Faux Wood" technique my problem may be solved.  The other day (Thursday) I received my copy of the weCANstamp DVD that my upline Christy Harsch puts out.  On the DVD was a demonstration of the "Faux Wood" technique done by Jean.  Her card had Happy Father's Day on it and being Father's Day is just around the corner I thought this would be a great card to demonstrate at my June Stampin' Technique and Scrapbook Club.  Yeah!!! I learnt a fabulous new technique and now have a card and technique to demonstrate for my June Club.  I love the inspiration that the weCANstamp DVD gives me.  Thanks Jean!

Faux Wood Technique
cut an 8.5" x 11" piece of Close to Cocoa card stock in half
take your Very Vanilla Craft Stampin' Pad and smoosh it all over so your Close to Cocoa card stock is covered in the craft ink and let dry (I left mine overnight - you could always use your heat gun to speed up the drying process)
once the Very Vanilla Craft ink is dry take a Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad and glide it over top of the Very Vanilla
Place card stock in paper cutter and cut strips off.  I think mine were 1/2" strips
next place the 1/2" strips you just cut off back in the paper cutter and cut more strips at various lengths
Open up your Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad and glide each edge of each strip on it.  This will give a clean look to your wood boards
Next take a piece of card stock (I used Very Vanilla) and position your various lengths wood boards (strips) over top of it 
Once you have your strips in place adhere them to the Very Vanilla card stock piece
Next take a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and add nails on each end of the wood boards.  I put my nails where each wood board meets another wood board as well as some nails on the left and right hand edges.

On the DVD Jean suggested you could also make bricks using the above technique.......that is on my list of new techniques to try.  I also had an idea of doing the faux wood technique on a card with the horses and wanted stamps from the Wanted stamp set.  Keep an eye out for those.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: All Holidays
Paper: Kraft card stock, Close to Cocoa card stock, Chocolate Chip card stock
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Paper Cutter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Very Vanilla Brads from Very Vanilla HodgePodge Hardware

To order the products to make this card, please contact me directly or go online to my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website. There is a direct link on the left hand side of my blog.

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment